Pages

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Visit to the Farm

Sally has several farms in her family, so while we were visiting for the weekend, Lauren and I thought it would be fun to take Caed, Makenzie, and Kendall to see the animals. The farm is a large dairy farm, but they also had pigs, sheep, and baby chicks. I supposed I shouldn't have been shocked, but Makenzie was scared to death! She wasn't loving the calves we visited first (she clung to Sally the entire time), but when we headed to the big barn with the big cows, she really started to lose it. Of course, while we were standing at the edge of the barn watching a mommy cow and her brand new baby, the farm dog started barking and that mama cow rammed right into the gate where we were standing - it was then the true crying started. Kendall, on the other hand, LOVED it...except for the part when her shoes got "muddy" in the barn - (if you ask her about it now, she will tell you the whole story including how Kenzi didn't like the cows and Aunt Sally had to wash her shoes). It was very interesting to say the least (especially when I spotted a snake in the chicken coup.) I think Kendall will have to visit her next farm with Daddy.

Kendall waving to the brand new calf (it was born just minutes before we got there)!


This was as far into the barn Makenzie would go.


Kenzi clinging to Aunt Sally!

No comments: